Master of Science in International Finance
Business School Lausanne – a boutique business school in Switzerland.
Why study in Switzerland?
- High Quality Education: Switzerland is internationally recognized for its high standards and superb quality of education. BSL is located in Lausanne, home to some of the world’s finest universities and an international hub for education for more than 20,000 students.
- European Business Hub: Many multinational corporations have chosen Switzerland as the site for their headquarters. Well known for its banking, commercial and tourism infrastructure, Switzerland ranks among the world’s 20 largest economies and hosts 15 Fortune 500 companies.
- International Environment: A multi-lingual country with a culturally diverse population and growing expatriate community, Switzerland is an ideal location for studying. Students have the chance to meet people from all over the world, enhance their cross-cultural skills, learn new languages and develop a global mindset.
- Travel across Europe: Located in the heart of Europe, Switzerland offers convenient international connections and easy access to European vacation destinations. Lausanne is located in close proximity (45 min) to Geneva and its international airport.
- Sport and Leisure: Switzerland is a major destination for outdoor sports. The Swiss Alps provide a diverse range of activities from skiing/snowboarding to hiking, cycling, camping etc. available throughout the four seasons.
The BSL Master in International Finance
The Master of Science in International Finance (MScIF) equips you with the knowledge and skills required for a successful career in the financial sector in the dynamic and global business environment of today and tomorrow.
The program provides you with a solid foundation in key areas of finance such as international corporate finance, banking, mergers and acquisitions, asset management, capital markets, and risk management. The program’s emphasis on developing strong analytical skills is well balanced with an integrated approach to business and soft skills development – students learn to apply advanced quantitative tools to generate creative solutions to real-life business problems.
What makes this program different?
Flexibility to customize your master’s
The BSL MScIF gives you the opportunity to co-create your own study plan according to your interests and career aspirations. You are given the option to choose at least 5 elective courses as part of your curriculum in order to maximize the benefits of your learning experience. The list of options includes courses in different areas such as Financial Analysis, Banking, Investment, Financial Services, and also allows you to combine finance skills with business skills such as Consulting, Marketing, Project Management and others.
CFA Level 1 Preparation
The MSc in International Finance offers a series of elective courses on the preparation for the CFA Level 1 exam. The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification is known as the top professional qualification for finance and investment professionals and is a great advantage for students who aim to work in the fields of investment banking and financial analysis.
The MSc in International Finance program combines subject knowledge in key areas of finance with courses enhancing students’ interpersonal skills for effective leadership and management. Students are trained to become global-minded professionals who will be at the frontline of managing the increasingly complex challenges of the financial industry in the future.
Who is it for?
The MSc in International Finance is well suited for recent graduates with 0 to 3 years of professional experience who wish to continue their studies before entering the work force. A master’s program, it helps to bridge the gap that exists between graduating with a bachelor’s degree with little or no work experience, and securing employment.
How long does it take?
Students can choose to start the program in September or February of each year. Completed in 18 months, the program includes 20 modules and a Master thesis.