Master of Science in International Finance
The Master of Science in International Finance (MScIF) at Business School Lausanne, Switzerland, equips you with the knowledge and skills required for a successful career in the financial sector in the dynamic and global business environment of today and tomorrow.
What makes this Master’s program different?
At BSL, we get to know you. We combine small class size and industry expertise to provide a different learning experience – personalized, practical, and engaging. Our MSc International Finance program offers:
- Real Business Knowledge: BSL professors are not just academics; they are seasoned and currently active business professionals who bring real-life experience into the classroom every day.
- Specialization Options for Increased Employability: With the BSL MSc International Finance program, you can tailor your curriculum to your career aspirations and make your profile more marketable by adding a specialization to your degree.
- Personalized Learning: Small classes of up to 20 students ensure a personalized teaching approach and create a highly dynamic and interactive learning environment.
- Professional network: Over 60 nationalities are represented by BSL’s student body and faculty, allowing you to develop an important global network for life.
- Leadership development: The MIB program combines subject knowledge in key areas of international business with courses enhancing students’ interpersonal skills for effective leadership and management.
CFA Level I Preparation
The MSc International Finance offers a series of specialization courses on the preparation for the CFA Level I exam. The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification is known as the top professional qualification for finance and investment professionals and is a great advantage for students who aim to work in the fields of investment banking and financial analysis.
How does it work?
Download an overview of the program structure.
PART 1: FOUNDATION COURSES (9 months)
Term 1 Economics For Business Term 3 Qualitative & Quantitative Research Methods
Ethics and Negotiation
Corporate and Business Law
Business Respons. and Sustainability
Strategic and Systemic Thinking
Leadership and Management Skills
Economics For Business
Qualitative & Quantitative Research Methods
Term 2 Project Management Investment and Valuation
Managing Information Systems
Financial Reporting & Analysis
Investment and Valuation
PART 2: SPECIALIZATION COURSES* & MASTER’S THESIS (9 months)
To obtain a specialization, you will take a selection of 5 specialization courses. See the list of specialization courses based on your preferred choice of specialization:
*Specialization options are offered on demand.
Whom is it for?
The MSc in International Finance is well suited for recent graduates with 0 to 3 years of professional experience who wish to continue their studies before entering the work force. A master’s program, it helps to bridge the gap that exists between graduating with a bachelor’s degree with little or no work experience, and securing employment.
To learn more about the current master’s class, please click here.
How long does it take?
Students can choose to start the program in September or February of each year. Completed in 18 months, the program includes 20 modules and a Master’s thesis.