Master of Science in International Finance
NEW: Download our new program brochure with more information about the key program features, curriculum, specialization options, learning experience, and faculty.
The Master of Science in International Finance (MScIF) at Business School Lausanne, Switzerland, equips you with the knowledge and skills required for a successful career in the financial sector in the dynamic and global business environment of today and tomorrow.
What makes this Master’s program different?
At BSL, we get to know you. We combine small class size and industry expertise to provide a different learning experience – personalized, practical, and engaging. Our MSc International Finance program offers:
- Expert Knowledge: BSL professors are not just academics; they are seasoned and currently active business professionals who bring real-life experience into the classroom every day.
- CFA® Level I Preparation: With the BSL MSc International Finance program, you can take a set of preparatory courses for the CFA® Level I exam and thus make your profile more marketable.
- Personalized Learning: Small classes of up to 20 students ensure a personalized teaching approach and create a highly dynamic and interactive learning environment.
- International network: Over 60 nationalities are represented by BSL’s student body and faculty, allowing you to develop an important global network for life.
- Leadership development: The BSL MSc International Finance program combines subject knowledge in key areas of international finance with courses enhancing students’ interpersonal skills for effective leadership and management.
What’s in it for me?
Our MSc IF program covers the cornerstones of international finance and prepares you to work in various areas of the corporate finance and investment discipline such as banking, insurance, wealth management, financial and tax consulting, private equity, commodity trading, and fiduciary services.
The program gives you the option to take a set of 5 preparatory courses for the CFA® Level I exam. The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) certification is known as the top professional qualification for finance and investment professionals and is a great advantage for students who aim to work in the fields of investment banking and financial analysis.
Who is it for?
The MSc in International Finance is well suited for recent graduates with 0 to 3 years of professional experience who wish to continue their studies before entering the work force. A master’s program, it helps to bridge the gap that exists between graduating with a bachelor’s degree with little or no work experience, and securing employment.
To learn more about the current master’s class, download the 2014 class profile.
How long does it take?
The program takes 18 months to complete. There are two intakes per year: September and February.