The EMBA in Sustainable Business is a unique program in Switzerland combining MBA education with a deep dive in business sustainability through the BSL – University of St. Gallen joint degree in Sustainable Business.
This program blends two programs into one, the EMBA and the Diploma in Sustainable Business, resulting in a holistic learning experience that will transform how you define business and yourself in leading change and innovation for a better world. Practically, you will take all foundation courses from the EMBA program, and continue with a one-year specialization in sustainability. The result is a program that shapes you into a self-aware, knowledgeable, and sustainability-conscious business practitioner.
- You will undertake a personal transformation journey that will enable you to know yourself better, to explore your personal purpose, and to nurture your capacity to lead yourself and others towards a better world. You will be immersed in a multi-faceted learning space that fosters your personal growth through soft skills courses, mentoring, and reflective practices.
- You will get exposed to unconventional thinking beyond business-as-usual and will explore an outside-in perspective which redefines business strategies as being driven by sustainability challenges. You will discover innovative concepts and tools for tackling global issues related to the economic, environmental, and social impact of business.
- You will bring together insights from business and sustainability and will apply them in a 10-month company consulting project with fellow course participants. You will accelerate your professional growth and will have the chance to make a positive contribution to a real organization within the program.
The Consulting Project is an integral part of the program experience and a stepping stone in your preparation as a business sustainability professional. Consulting projects are given by organizations based in Switzerland and include a wide range of strategically relevant challenges in product development, purchasing, supply chain, market analysis, labelling, employer branding, and communications. Projects are assigned to small, multi-faceted teams of 3-5 course participants. Teams are mentored by experienced faculty, providing continuous support and feedback throughout the program.
BSL Signature Features
- Small classes of up to 20 participants with personalized attention and support from professors
- Professors who are seasoned and currently active business practitioners and experts in their field
- International and diverse environment with students from 60 nationalities