Career support & Employability
The Capstone Project is designed to enhance your employability and to enable you to work on a project that is significant and meaningful to you and also aligned with your interests and strengths. From working on your own Applied Business Project to preparing for an exciting career in finance through the CFA preparation, each option aims to equip you with cutting-edge, specific, and valuable skills. Read more about the Capstone Project.
Program Options for Enhanced Employability
The MIB program options allow you to customize your learning experience in service to your professional goals and personal interests. Each program track option offers its own distinct advantages and you will be encouraged to make your choice, based on your vision for engaging and meaningful work in the future.
- MIB Global with Exchange in China: This program option gives you the possibility to increase your cultural awareness, add a global perspective, and gain a broader view of the world while studying in one of the most rapidly developing countries in the world, China. Within the 6-month exchange, you can opt to take Chinese language courses and thus open a whole new world of possibilities.
Career Services & Support
While each program option offers its distinctive career advantages, all students will have access to our career services and support.
- Personalized Career Advice: We want to help you find more than a job. We will encourage you to craft a meaningful and fulfilling professional path, based on your personal interests, passions, and strengths. Throughout the program, our dedicated career counsellor will work with you, providing one-on-on career advice, job search guidance, internship support, resume writing consultation, and recommendations for suitable opportunities.
- Jobs and Internships Online Platform: From day one on campus, you will have access to our internal job and internship search platform which allows you to browse opportunities in Switzerland and abroad. The platform is updated regularly with opportunities that come through a broader community of alumni, partnering organizations, social enterprises, and other organizations.
- Guest Speakers and Company Visits: You will expand your network of contacts and will meet industry experts through regular guest speaker visits in class. You will take part in organized visits of companies and NGOs in the region which provide an excellent opportunity to gain insight into how different organizations work, what specific challenges each industry faces, and how different roles and functions work together. View a list of recent guest speakers at BSL.
- Global Alumni Network: You will become part of a global network of students and alumni from over 60 nationalities. Many of our graduates have become entrepreneurs and successfully launched their own businesses. Others have chosen a corporate career in multinationals or a service-oriented path in the public sector. Regardless of which way you go, you will be encouraged to reach out to the network as you craft your future employment.