Consulting Project: University of St. Gallen Project
Project Title: Development of a strategy for responsibility and sustainability at the University of St.Gallen (HSG)
This project is assigned by University of St. Gallen (HSG) to a consulting team of 4 participants within the Diploma in Sustainable Business program. The project timeline includes the period of September 2012-June 2013.
The goal of the project is to make a suggestion for a well-founded positioning and strategy of HSG in the Responsibility & Sustainability (R&S) field and define key activities to put this into practice. To reach this goal a solid internal analysis needs to be made to define the existing activities and ambitions of HSG and its different units. This internal analysis needs to be complement-ed by an external analysis with regard to the expectations of key stakeholders of HSG and the positioning and strategy of peer universities/business schools in the R&S field. Based on both analyses a well-founded suggestion for strategy development at HSG should be made.
The project group will be accompanying an internal discussion and development process with the same objective that is just being started and pursued in close interaction with the project group’s work. Both processes are planned to be closely integrated and mutually helpful and supportive.
- Review and analyze the existing activities of the different units inside HSG in the R&S field
- Review and analyze the expectations and ambitions of core representatives of HSG with regard to the positioning and strategy of HSG in the R&S field
- Analyze the expectations of key stakeholders of HSG with regard to the positioning and activities of HSG in the R&S field
- Review and analyze the positioning, strategy and activities of peer universities/business schools in the R&S field
- Make a suggestion for a well-founded positioning and strategy of HSG in the R&S field and develop key activities for its realization
- Development of a project plan
- Build deep understanding of the HSG structure, policies, culture and processes
- Build good understanding of strategy process and sustainability strategy process in the context of a university/business school
- Gather and analyze information about peer universities/business schools
- Gather and analyze information from all kinds of sources on HSG activities, positions and expectations of key representatives and stakeholders
- Coordinate activities with the parallel process managed by the project sponsor
- Document the results of the project in a report
- Appropriate project documentation