Consulting Project: Die Post Project
Project Title: Measurement of Sustainable Procurement
This project is assigned by the Swiss Post (Die Post) to a consulting team of 3 participants within the Diploma in Sustainable Business program. The project timeline includes the period of September 2012-June 2013.
Development of an instrument to measure the sustainability of the procurement organization, which provides information on:
- Environmental sustainability
- Social sustainability
- Economic sustainability
Considering the whole purchasing process including the product life cycle.
By making sustainable procurement measurable the Swiss Post aims at creating a base-line to measure and improve its sustainability. In addition, the Swiss Post wants to benchmark its procurement organization with other organizations. The sustainability of the procurement organization is to be measured across the whole purchasing process and along the whole product life cycle of the purchased products.
- Development of a project plan
- Presentation of the project plan to the client
- Acquisition of profound knowledge about purchasing
- Acquisition of profound knowledge about sustainability and its measurement
- Development of different methods to measure sustainable procurement
- Midterm presentation to the client
- Evaluation and selection of a preferred method of measurement, including reasons
- Measurement of sustainable procurement of the Swiss Post
- Benchmarking with the purchasing departments of other companies by using the developed method of measurement