Alternative Bank Schweiz AG (ABS) / Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) Project
Project Title: Sustainable Banking Scorecard: Criteria for Rating Assets as Triple Bottom Line
This project is assigned by Alternative Bank Schweiz AG (ABS) / Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) to a consulting team within the Diploma in Sustainable Business program. The project timeline includes the period of October 2016 – June 2017.
Define and develop a principle based approach to classifying assets as TBL based on research of currently applied criteria by banks (banks are currently free to choose the criteria themselves) and based on a literature review. The goal is not to define fixed criteria, but a principle based approach that is universally applicable to all banks – not just GABV members – and irrespective of the markets in which they operate.
A comprehensive framework and manual with principle based guidelines to classify assets as TBL which is applicable to all banks irrespective of the markets in which they operate
- Review existing documentation and literature
- Interview banks on their reporting and TBL-classification methodologies
- Identify universally applicable asset categories
- Elaborate a draft principle based approach for TBL-classification for each asset category
- Carry out a consultation of the developed principle based approach among GABV member banks
- Results of interviews with banks and first draft of a principle based approach that is universally applicable to all banks
- Results of the of the consultation among GABV member banks of the developed principle based approach
- A framework with principle based guidelines to classify assets as TBL applicable to all banks.