Diploma in Sustainable Business
2015-16 | Swiss Post Consulting Project
Consulting Project: Swiss Post Consulting Project | 2015-16
Project Title: Roadmap for Sustainable Procurement at Swiss Post
This project is assigned by Swiss Post to a consulting team of 4 participants within the Diploma in Sustainable Business program. The project timeline includes the period of October 2015-June 2016.
By drawing a roadmap for sustainable procurement, Swiss Post wants to define options for a systematic integration of sustainability into its procurement organization. Based on a thorough analysis, existing gaps and future potentials should be laid open with the goal to continuously develop and improve the sustainability performance of Swiss Post’s purchasing organization (POP).
To develop a roadmap for sustainable procurement by defining areas of activity and specific actions which help POP to systematically integrate sustainability aspects into its organization. The roadmap should contain:
- Analysis of current situation: existing sustainability efforts within POP
- Target state analysis: What does/should POP look like with sustainability systematically integrated?
- Benchmarking analysis: What do comparable companies do concerning sustainable procurement?
- Recommendations: What actions should POP take in order to integrate sus-tainability systematically into its activities?
- Prioritization: What recommended actions should POP approach primarily?
- Develop a project plan
- Present project plan to sponsor
- Gain profound knowledge about (public and sustainable) purchasing
- Gain profound knowledge about Swiss Post’s Procurement organization and its sustainability activities (analysis of current situation)
- Hold an intermediate presentation at sponsor
- Benchmark with other companies’ sustainability activities in purchasing
- Literature analysis: systematic integration of sustainability into purchasing (target state analysis)
- Consolidation: Comparison between current and target state, including identification of gaps / recommended action
- Development of prioritized recommendations for POP