Visa requirements

Moving to Switzerland

Non-EU students who wish to enter Switzerland must have a valid passport and be in possession of a STUDY VISA issued by a Swiss Embassy or Consulate. Applications for a study visa must be submitted to the Swiss Embassy in your home country which is  then forwarded to the Cantonal authority in Switzerland. The whole process takes 6 to 8 weeks.

Please note the following study visa rules and regulations:

  • The applicant cannot be accompanied by any other member of his/her family while studying in Switzerland.
  • Partners/family members are not included in a study visa and can only enter Switzerland with a tourist visa.
  • A TOURIST VISA does NOT authorise a student with a foreign passport to study in Switzerland.
  • As Business School Lausanne is located in the canton of Vaud, student must reside in this canton.


Staying in Switzerland

All foreign students living in Switzerland require a Student B permit.

Switzerland is now part of the Schengen zone which means that once you have a Student B permit , you are allowed to travel to the following countries without a visa: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden.