Master in International Business
Business School Lausanne – a boutique business school in Switzerland.
Why study in Switzerland?
- High Quality Education: Switzerland is internationally recognized for its high standards and superb quality of education. BSL is located in Lausanne, home to some of the world’s finest universities and an international hub for education for more than 20,000 students.
- European Business Hub: Many multinational corporations have chosen Switzerland as the site for their headquarters. Well known for its banking, commercial and tourism infrastructure, Switzerland ranks among the world’s 20 largest economies and hosts 15 Fortune 500 companies.
- International Environment: A multi-lingual country with a culturally diverse population and growing expatriate community, Switzerland is an ideal location for studying. Students have the chance to meet people from all over the world, enhance their cross-cultural skills, learn new languages and develop a global mindset.
- Travel across Europe: Located in the heart of Europe, Switzerland offers convenient international connections and easy access to European vacation destinations. Lausanne is located in close proximity (45 min) to Geneva and its international airport.
- Sport and Leisure: Switzerland is a major destination for outdoor sports. The Swiss Alps provide a diverse range of activities from skiing/snowboarding to hiking, cycling, camping etc. available throughout the four seasons.
The BSL Master in International Business (MIB)
The Master of Arts in International Business (MIB) equips you with the knowledge and skills required to succeed in the dynamic and global business environment of today and tomorrow. The program provides you with a solid foundation in international business, including its various functions such as marketing, finance, operations, human resources, and strategy. The program’s focus on international business is reinforced by BSL’s culturally diverse student body.
What makes this program different?
Flexibility to customize your master’s
The BSL MIB gives you the opportunity to co-create your own study plan according to your interests and career aspirations. You are given the option to choose at least 5 elective courses as part of your curriculum in order to maximize the benefits of your learning experience. The list of options includes courses in different areas such as Marketing and Luxury Management, Consulting, Project Management, International Law and others.
The MIB program combines subject knowledge in key areas of international business with courses enhancing students’ interpersonal skills for effective leadership and management. Students are trained to become global-minded business professionals who can work in different job functions across a wide spectrum of industries.
Who is it for?
The MIB program is well suited for recent bachelor graduates with 0 to 3 years of professional experience who wish to continue their studies before entering the work force. As an MBA-style program, the MIB helps to bridge the gap between graduating with a bachelor’s degree with little or no work experience, and securing employment.
How long does it take?
Students can choose to start the program in September or February of each year. Completed in 18 months, the program includes 20 modules and a Master thesis.