Master in International Business
The Master of Arts in International Business (MIB) at Business School Lausanne, Switzerland, equips you with the knowledge and skills required to succeed in the dynamic and global business environment of today and tomorrow.
What makes this Master’s program different?
NEW: To prepare our students for the real business world and boost their employability, we have launched the BSL Experiential Learning Internship Program (ELIP). ELIP gives you the opportunity to put your knowledge and skills into practice in a real business environment, experience the Swiss work culture first-hand and gain exposure that will give you a head start when you graduate.
The internships are structured, evaluated and recognized as an integral part of the course study and aim to prepare you for a smooth transition into the business world. The placement service is ensured through BSL’s long established relationships with organizations in the region.
At BSL, we get to know you. We combine small class size and industry expertise to provide a different learning experience – personalized, practical, and engaging. Our MIB program offers:
- Real Business Knowledge: BSL professors are not just academics; they are seasoned and currently active business professionals who bring real-life experience into the classroom every day.
- Specialization Options for Increased Employability: With the BSL MIB program, you can tailor your curriculum to your career aspirations and make your profile more marketable by adding a specialization to your degree.
- Personalized Learning: Small classes of up to 20 students ensure a personalized teaching approach and create a highly dynamic and interactive learning environment.
- International network: Over 60 nationalities are represented by BSL’s student body and faculty, allowing you to develop an important global network for life.
- Leadership development: The MIB program combines subject knowledge in key areas of international business with courses enhancing students’ interpersonal skills for effective leadership and management.
What’s in it for me?
Our MIB program covers the cornerstones of international business and prepares you to work across different functions such as marketing, human resources, operations, business development, consulting, project management, strategy or international trade. You will acquire management and leadership skills and develop a strong business acumen.
With the BSL MIB, you can choose between the following degree options:
- Classical Master’s degree in business (MIB)
- Master’s degree in business with a preferred specialization (MIB with specialization)
Whether you take the classical program or you combine it with a specialization, you will earn a fully accredited master’s degree in business (120 ECTS credits). You’ll be asked to choose which program format you follow (classical or with a specialization) only at the end of Term 1 of your studies.
Our list of specializations includes the following options*:
*Specialization options are offered on demand.
Who is it for?
The MIB program is well suited for recent bachelor graduates with 0 to 3 years of professional experience who wish to continue their studies before entering the work force. The MIB helps to bridge the gap between graduating with a bachelor’s degree with little or no work experience, and securing employment.
To learn more about the current master’s class, download the 2014 class profile.
How long does it take?
The program takes 18 months to complete. There are two intakes per year: September and February.