Master in International Business
NEW: Download our new program brochure with more information about the key program features, curriculum, specialization options, learning experience, and faculty.
The Master of Arts in International Business (MIB) at Business School Lausanne, Switzerland, equips you with the knowledge and skills required to succeed in the dynamic and global business environment of today and tomorrow.
What makes this Master’s program different?
At BSL, we get to know you. We combine small class size and industry expertise to provide a different learning experience – personalized, practical, and engaging. Our MIB program offers:
- Real Business Knowledge: BSL professors are not just academics; they are seasoned and currently active business professionals who bring real-life experience into the classroom every day.
- Specialization Options for Increased Employability: With the BSL MIB program, you can tailor your curriculum to your career aspirations and make your profile more marketable by adding a specialization to your degree.
- Personalized Learning: Small classes of up to 20 students ensure a personalized teaching approach and create a highly dynamic and interactive learning environment.
- Professional network: Over 60 nationalities are represented by BSL’s student body and faculty, allowing you to develop an important global network for life.
- Leadership development: The MIB program combines subject knowledge in key areas of international business with courses enhancing students’ interpersonal skills for effective leadership and management.
How does it work?
Download an overview of the program structure.
PART 1: FOUNDATION COURSES (9 months)
Term 1 Economics for Business Term 3 Qual. & Quant. Research Methods
Ethics and Negotiation
Corporate and Business Law
Business Responsibility & Sustainability
Strategic and Systemic Thinking
Leadership and Management Skills
Human Resources & Org. Behavior
Economics for Business
Qual. & Quant. Research Methods
Term 2 Project Management Business Finance
Managing Information Systems
PART 2: SPECIALIZATION COURSES* & MASTER’S THESIS (9 months)
To obtain a specialization, you will take a selection of 5 specialization courses. See the list of specialization courses based on your preferred choice of specialization:
*Specialization options are offered on demand.
Whom is it for?
The MIB program is well suited for recent bachelor graduates with 0 to 3 years of professional experience who wish to continue their studies before entering the work force. As an MBA-style program, the MIB helps to bridge the gap between graduating with a bachelor’s degree with little or no work experience, and securing employment.
To learn more about the current master’s class, please click here.
How long does it take?
Students can choose to start the program in September or February of each year. Completed in 18 months, the program includes 20 modules and a Master’s thesis.