Master’s Programs at BSL
Important Program Updates
The BSL Master’s programs are a reflection of our practical approach to business studies. We provide relevant education by adapting our programs to the constantly changing business world. Staying true to our entrepreneurial spirit and driven by our vision as a leading innovator in business education, we have introduced some changes to our master’s programs valid as of September 2013:
- More flexibility to tailor the program to your needs and interests;
- A diversified portfolio of more than 20 elective courses to choose from;
- Possibility to add a specialization to your degree in a chosen area of study;
- New courses on leadership and interpersonal skills to enhance your all-round development;
- Optimized program duration of 1.5 years (18 months).
Join the program of your choice
As you decide on your studies, make a simple first choice between 2 master’s programs:
- If you are more into business, entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation;
- If you are interested in studying a range of disciplines covering the cornerstones of international business;
- If you are looking to acquire skills and competencies in business, management and leadership, and develop a strong business acumen;
- If you want to build a career in business, but you haven’t decided on a specific functional area (marketing, finance, human resources, operations, strategy);
- If you are less familiar with finance, economics and math studies, but want to study business.
- If you are more into finance, numbers, models and concepts;
- If you are interested in developing a strong understanding of international corporate finance;
- If you are looking to acquire advanced quantitative and analytical skills alongside strong business acumen;
- If you want to build a career in the financial sector or financial management (banking, insurance, wealth management, auditing, financial and tax consulting etc.);
- If you have studied finance, economics or math in your Bachelor, and you also want to study business, entrepreneurship and management.
Flexibility to change your track
Our new program format allows you to change from the MIB to the MScIF track and vice versa during the first term of your studies. This gives you the flexibility to switch to the master’s program that best fits you.
Customize your master’s
Once you have made your first choice of the master’s program, (MIB or MScIF), you have the opportunity to co-create your own study plan according to your interests and career aspirations.
As your second choice, you are given the option to select at least 5 elective courses as part of your curriculum in order to maximize the benefits of your learning experience. The list of options includes courses in different areas such as Marketing and Luxury Management, Financial Analysis, Banking, Consulting, Project Management, International Law and others.
Depending on your choice of electives, you may focus on a specific area of study and thus add a specialization to your master’s degree, for example:
- MIB with a specialization in Marketing and Luxury Management;
- MIB with a specialization in Consulting;
- MIB with a specialization in Project Management;
- MIB with a specialization in International Law;
- MIB with a specialization in Responsibility, Sustainability, Entrepreneurship.
- MScIF with a specialization in Investment and Financial Analysis;
- MScIF with a specialization in Banking and Financial Services;
- MScIF with a specialization in Consulting;
- MScIF with a specialization in Project Management;
- MScIF with a specialization in Marketing and Luxury Management;
- MScIF with a specialization in International Law;
- MScIF with a specialization in Responsibility, Sustainability, Entrepreneurship.
More courses to complement your degree
You can take as many optional courses during your studies as you wish and potentially add more than just one specialization to your degree. We want to encourage your learning and offer each additional course beyond the five courses included in your curriculum at a discounted free of CHF 1,500 per course.